Your Top Lifetime Membership Questions Answered!
April is Volunteer Appreciation Month—and what better way to say thanks to our dedicated volunteers than with a discounted lifetime membership for volunteers with ten or more years of service? We know you have questions about this exciting limited-time offer, and we’ve got answers!
What are the benefits of becoming a lifetime member?
All Girl Scout lifetime members are eligible for a suite of benefits:
- You’ll stay connected with our new monthly alum and supporter enewsletter.
- Of your dues, $25 will automatically fund one year of Girl Scout membership for an underserved girl in your local council.
- Enjoy 10 percent off at Girl Scouts’ Official Online Shop by using a special code at checkout.
- You’ll be the first to know when the soon-to-be released official Girl Scout lifetime member scarf is available for purchase.
- You’ll get an invitation to join the national CEO call for lifetime members to hear updates on what’s going on across the Movement.
- As a lifetime member, you can enjoy a discount at the Edith Macy Conference Center in New York.
- A new lifetime membership pin, currently in production, will be available free of charge to anyone who signed up after October 1, 2017. Those eligible for a free pin will receive emailed instructions.
How do I take advantage of this limited-time offer and purchase my discounted lifetime membership?
If you have been a member within the past five years, please upgrade through MyGS. If you have not been a member within the past five years, please visit www.girlscouts.org/lifetime. The discounted lifetime membership will be available starting April 1, 2019, and end April 30, 2019, at 9:00 PM EST, so don’t wait!
Do years as a Girl Scout count toward the ten or more years of service?
No. Years as a Girl Scout (Daisy, Brownie, Junior, Cadette, Senior, Ambassador, and Juliettes) do not count toward the ten years to qualify for the promotion. However, the ten years do not need to be consecutive and you do not need to be a current volunteer to qualify.
How can I gift a discounted lifetime membership to a dedicated volunteer in my life?
To assist in processing the gift of lifetime membership, please provide the following details in an email to email@example.com and someone will be in touch to finalize your purchase. Please submit your request no later than April 22, 2019, to allow for processing your request by April 30, 2019.
You: Name and Phone Number
Recipient: Full Name , Maiden Name (if applicable) , Full Address , Email Address Phone Number, Date of Birth
Where do I purchase the new scarf?
The new lifetime member scarf will be available in summer 2019. Stay tuned for updates.
Ready to take advantage of this amazing promotion and enroll as a lifetime member? Starting April 1, upgrade through MyGS or visit the lifetime membership website for all these benefits and more!
Labels: April Promotion, lifetime membership, LTM, Volunteer Appreciation Month
Girl Scouts unleashes the G.I.R.L. (Go-getter, Innovator, Risk-taker, Leader)™ in every girl, preparing her for a lifetime of leadership.